Who is Ayra Starr? Know The New Mavins Star Here!
Although the entire world was soaking up in the once-in-a-lifetime moment of the epoch to see the 21st day of the first month of the 21st year of the 20th century, the Mavins Record Label megastar makers were brimming with good musical news.
When Mavins’ creator, Don Jazzy, took to his social media to announce the signing of Ayra Starr, this news quickly became public, urging everyone to follow the singer.
The name Ayra Starr is for some people the name of an untapped act whose Instagram freestyles they loved, but it’s a new name and voice for most people, if you’re one of them, here are some things we know so far about Mavins‘ Records new sign:
1. Ayra Starr is an 18-year-old Afropop singer with a strong voice, and while she is based in Lagos, she is an Edo state native, like the Mavins starboy, Rema.
2. As early as 2019, she began dropping videos of herself singing to songs already made as well as songs that she wrote herself. This was possibly part of the discovery journey of Ayra, (dear up and coming artist take note) as she was discovered by Don Jazzy, who welcomed her into the Mavins clan warmly and publicly.
3. She draws inspiration from her dad who is unfortunately now late.
4. She sounds like Tems, but either way, she has an undeniably deep and distinctive voice that she is now channeling to create a combination of Afropop, Afrobeats and RnB. For the first time, here is a video of her trying out Afrobeats.
5. Sometime last year, she signed and just launched her debut project. Named after her, it’s a 5-track EP and is packed with a lot of soulful vibes and sweet melodies with a dash of adolescent anxiety and love and age.
6. Away, drops today and will premiere on Clash Magazine, the video for the first song off her EP.
Listen to the Ayra Starr EP here and let’s know what you think about the lastest signee from Mavins Records: